ARToolKit for Desktop v4.6.0 - Major New Release
ARToolworks is pleased to announce the the biggest new release of ARToolKit for Desktop since January 2011. Version 4.6.0 includes a range of new features, enhancements and bug fixes for the full spectrum of Windows, Mac OS X and Linux platforms, in both 32- and 64-bit variants. Eligible customers can upgrade from existing versions of ARToolKit Pro for just $995, compared with the usual recommended price of $1,995.
- Natural Feature Tracking is now included in all ARToolKit releases on all platforms.
- NFT dataset creation utilities with the same improved ease of use and functionality as found on the mobile platforms are now provided for the desktop platforms. This means NFT datasets can be shared seamlessly between applications on mobile and desktop.
- Two new NFT-based examples for the desktop platforms: nftSimple, and nftBook. These display simple and advanced rendering on NFT surfaces. The formats used in the markers.dat and objects.dat file match those found in the ARToolKit for iOS and Android NFT examples.
- Improvements in command-line handling and information display for the checkid utility
- Simplified methods for opening movie files as video streams (via the QuickTime video module on Mac OS X or Windows)
- Pixel format information is now handled more consistently throughout the SDK
- The calib_camera, calib_stereo and check_id applications have been improved and enhanced with better handling of command-line options.
- The winDF video module for interfacing with the Point Grey FlyCapture SDK (Windows-only) has been enhanced with some runtime configurable options.
- The OSG-based projects now build for 32- and 64-bit on Mac OS X, provided OSG v3.1.3 or later is used.
- A full OSG release is now bundled with ARToolKit for Windows.
< Back to news list