Codex Interactivus for Android
From ARToolworks support library
About the application
This application displays models of the inventions of Leonardo da Vinci on your Android device.
- The application requires Android v2.3 or later.
- Your Android device must have a camera.
- A printer is required to print the page images.
- If available, a network connection (e.g. wifi or cellular data) will be used to download camera calibration data for your device.
How do I use it?
- Before the app can be used, you will need a physical print of the page images. You can either download a PDF file of the pages here and print it from a desktop computer, or use Google Cloud Print to print directly from your device. To use Google Cloud Print, use the menu bar button or press the menu button (on devices with a hardware menu button) and choose the "Print" option, and follow the prompts.
- Once the page images are printed, point the camera at the pages.
- To change the camera or camera resolution used, you can use the Settings menu. If you have a faster device, you might wish to use a higher-resolution camera setting.
What information is collected when I use this app?
This app does not store or transmit any personally identifying information.
If a network connection is available, the following information may be transmitted to an ARToolworks server for the purpose of retrieving camera calibration information for your specific Android device:
- The make and model of device (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S).
- Which camera on the device is being used.
No personally identifying data is transmitted or stored during as part of the process. Additionally, the data is transferred via a secure HTTPS connection.