Custom markers not working, why?

Community support forum for the ARToolKit Professional v4.x for iOS SDK.

Moderator: ARToolKit developers

Forum rules
Ensure that any material you post to this forum complies with Apple's iOS SDK License terms.

Custom markers not working, why?

Postby Joris » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 am

Hi

I have an iPad app which works fine with the marker files from the samples. However using my own markers with a pattern file generated using the iSight cam does not work. The markers are simply not detected in my application. The pattern file is generated though.

Because I thought it was maybe due to the marker image I printed out the Kanji marker and used that to generate a file. The result is the same, my custom marker is not detected in the iPad app while the one included in the SDK is.
When looking at the contents of both files the values show similar patterns, ofcourse with different numbers (I guess because of lighting conditions).

Also the docs state that I should generate my marker with the same cam as I use to detect it. How can I do that with an iPad 2 ?

For those interested, I attached the files. The Kanji of the SDK and my own version of it. Mine is called 1.patt

Help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Archive.zip
Kanji files.
(6.12 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Joris

Re: Custom markers not working, why?

Postby Joris » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:02 am

Found the solution. Apparently in the example code it checks the filename and if the filename is only a number it considers the file as a barcode file and not a pattern marker.

Just so you don't make the same mistake ;)
Joris

Return to ARToolKit for iOS